We know that coming into hospital can be a stressful time for many people. We aim to make your stay with us as pleasant as possible.
If you expect to stay in hospital overnight or longer, please bring the following items:
- dressing gown and slippers or sensible shoes
- wash bag - containing toothbrush, toothpaste, soap or shower gel, hairbrush, two towels, sanitary towels and electric razor
- a small amount of money for the telephone, newspapers soft drinks etc
- all prescribed medicines you are already taking - if you have a green medibag, bring that too.
- your admission letter
- tissues or paper handkerchiefs
- any hearing aids or walking aids you may regularly use
We would advise against bringing expensive items into hospital. Milton Keynes NHS Foundation Trust cannot be held liable for damage or, loss or theft. However, if you would like to bring a personal music player, portable DVD player or similar item, please check with the ward staff first.
Where appropriate you should also make other arrangements such as:
- Making sure that someone is able to collect you from the hospital and take you home after your operation. If you cannot arrange this, please let the ward manager know. We may be able to arrange hospital transport for you.
- Arranging for a responsible adult to stay with you for 24 hours after your operation
- Organising childcare for the time you are in surgery and for at least twelve hours after you leave.