Consultant in General Surgery (Emergency) - PhD, MSc, MD
Appointed: March 2017
Mr Paduraru completed his Master’s Degree (MSc) in Advanced Medical Practice at the Cardiff University, UK in 2016. He then undertook the Experts Course in Pelvic floor Surgery at the Alicante University, Spain. Mr Paduraru finished his Master’s Degree in Coloproctology at the University of Zaragoza, Spain in 2014.
- Master’s Degree (MSc) in:
- Advanced Medical Practice, Cardiff University, UK, Distinction, 2016 - Dissertation in Enhanced recovery after colorectal cancer surgery in elderly patients.
- Coloproctology, University of Zaragoza, Spain, 2014 - Dissertation in Enhanced recovery after colorectal surgery.
- Public health and management of health services, Carol Davila University, Bucharest, 2007 - Dissertation in Ageing of population and the adaptation of the health services. (Recognition in Madrid, Spain - “Master por la Universidad Autonoma”).
- Expert´s Course in Pelvic floor Surgery with Alicante University, Spain, 2016.
- Specialism in Echography for Surgeons, University of Zaragoza, Spain, 2013.
- General Echography Course, College of Physicians, Ciudad Real, Spain, 2013
- Advanced Laparoscopy Training - IRCAD, Strasburg, France, 2013
- Advanced Laparoscopy in Colon Surgery Training, Caceres, Spain, 2013.
- ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support), American College of Surgeons, 2013.
- DTSC (Definitive Trauma Surgical Care), International Association for Trauma and Intensive Care, 2013.
- PhD from Carol Davila University, Bucharest, 2005-2008 - Thesis: The surgical management of elderly patients in emergency. (Recognition in Madrid, Spain - “Doctor por la Universidad de Complutense”, 2010).
- Specialty training (2002-2008) at Clinical University Hospital St. Pantelimon, Bucharest.
- Medical Doctor - Carol Davila University, Bucharest, Romania, 2001
Special interest in:
- Emergency Surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- General surgery
- Colorectal surgery
Role currently as:
Rota Emergency Surgery Lead
Clinical and Educational Supervisor
Trainer in Ultrasound in Emergency surgery with MUSEC (Modular UltraSound ESTES Course)
Member of ESTES (European Society for Trauma and Emergency Surgery)
Please find below the most recent publications (2017):
- Proceedings of resources for optimal care of acute care and emergency surgery consensus summit Donegal Ireland
- Sugrue,R. Maier,E. E. Moore,M. Boermeester,F. Catena,F. Coccolini,A. Leppaniemi,A. Peitzman,G. Velmahos,L. Ansaloni,F. Abu-Zidan,P. Balfe,C. Bendinelli,W. Biffl,M. Bowyer,M. DeMoya,J. De Waele,S. Di Saverio,A. Drake,G. P. Fraga,A. Hallal,C. Henry,T. Hodgetts,L. Hsee,S. Huddart,A. W. Kirkpatrick,Y. Kluger,L. Lawler,M. A. Malangoni,M. Malbrain,P. MacMahon,K. Mealy,M. O’Kane,P. Loughlin,M. Paduraru,L. Pearce, B. M. Pereira,A. Priyantha,M. Sartelli,K. Soreide,C. Steele,S. Thomas,J. L. Vincent and L. Woods
World Journal of Emergency Surgery 2017 12:47
- Multimodal Rehabilitation in Geriatric Emergency Surgery.
Pereira J, Paduraru M.
Chirurgia (Bucur). 2017 Sept-Oct;112(5):558-565.
- Enhanced Recovery after Emergency Surgery: A Systematic Review.
Paduraru M, Ponchietti L, Casas IM, Svenningsen P, Zago M.
Bulletin of Emergency And Trauma 2017 Apr;5(2):70-78. Review.
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) - The Evidence in Geriatric Emergency Surgery: A Systematic Review.
Paduraru M, Ponchietti L, Casas IM, Svenningsen P, Pereira J, Landaluce-Olavarria A, Font RF, Miguel IP, Ugarte-Sierra B.
Chirurgia (Bucur). 2017 Sept-Oct;112(5):546-557.
- Emergency surgery and Limitation of therapeutic effort in relation to neurologic deterioration in elderly patients – a survey of European surgeons
Mihai Paduraru, Luca Ponchietti, Isidro M. Casas, Jorge Pereira, Aitor LandaluceOlavarria, Diego Mariani
Journal of Mind and Medical Sciences. 2017;4(2):142-147
- Fast-track for elderly patients - Critical observations on two trials.
International Journal of Surgery
Int J Surg. 2017 Jun;42:215-217.
doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2017.01.019. Epub 2017 Jan 7.