Consultant General Surgeon - MD, FEBS, EBSQ-C
Appointed: October 2015
I have completed my training at the University of Florence, Italy. After becoming Consultant, I went to work in Spain, at Torrevieja University Hospital in 2009 as a Consultant Surgeon with special interest in Colorectal Surgery and Emergency Surgery.
I am Member of the European Society of Trauma and Emergency Surgery and I represent the Section of Emergency Surgery in the Educational Committee of the Society. I am experienced in point-of-care ultrasonography and I am instructor for ESTES of an ultrasound course (MUSEC).
I speak fluently English, Italian and Spanish.
- European Board Certified in General Surgery (Fellow of the European Board of Surgery, F.E.B.S.)
- European Board Certified in Coloproctology (EBSQ-Coloproctology)
- Specialist in General Surgery. Awarding Institution: University of Florence, Italy; Italian Ministry of Health; Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research.
- Postgraduate Specialist Research Project: “Surgical options for lower limb amputations. Common procedures analysis and a new personal technique”.
- State Exam (Italy) in Medicine and Surgery. Examining Body: Italian Ministry of Health; Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research.
- Medical Degree Research Project “Laparoscopic left colectomy” Awarding Institution: University of Florence, Italy.
- Degree in Medicine & Surgery (summa cum laude). Awarding Institution: University of Florence, Italy
From 2015: Consultant General Surgeon with special Interest in Emergency Surgery.
From 2016: Emergency Surgery Lead