Our Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All of our staff have a duty to uphold the values of our Trust and safeguarding is everyone’s business. Our Chief Nurse is the director responsible for safeguarding.
Everyone, adults and children, have a right to be kept safe from harm, abuse or neglect.
Abuse is a violation of an individuals human and civil rights and may consist of a single act or repeated actions. It may be:
- Emotional / psychological
- Domestic Abuse
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
Our Trust has named leads for issues related to child protection and adult safeguarding, who will work closely with children, adults and other agencies which may include the police or social services when concerns are raised.
If you suspect for any reason that someone is being abused or neglected please contact the following numbers:
- If there is a danger to life, risk of injury or a crime is taking place, call the police by dialling 999.
- If you are concerned about a patient in our hospital contact the Matron for the area or the Clinical Site Manager via the Trust switchboard 01908 660033
- If you are concerned about a child please contact Milton Keynes Children’s Social Care Referral Hub on 01908 253169
- If you are concerned about an adult please contact Milton Keynes Adult Social Care Access Team on 01908 253772
You can find out more information about Safeguarding Children on the Milton Keynes Council Website
You can find out more information about Sfaeguarding Adults on the Milton Keynes Council Website